I was so impressed with Molly and Mike, and their incredible family and friends. Kindness and generosity seem to be the standard for them and everyone they hold dear. The first time I photographed Molly and Mike for their engagement session, I could see they were totally dog lovers like myself. Molly even brought her pup, Harper, to her bridal session, which was so adorable. Sadly, Harper passed away from cancer not long after Molly and Mike’s wedding. It was so special that he was able to be included in their photos, and I know Molly and Mike will love looking back on those memories. Harper was such a great dog and I loved photographing him as well as Molly and Mike!
I must admit I was a little bit anxious for Molly and Mike’s wedding day. The forecast was cold and 100% rainy, and with an evening ceremony and a very large wedding party, we would be pressed for time. I spent a bunch of time scrutinizing the timeline and planning the logistics for this wedding, and I’m so glad I did, because it turned out so great! I am so thankful to my 2nd and 3rd! shooters, Scott and Carol, for helping capture every bit of the action and also to Jennie and Kristin from Perfect Pair Events for helping everything go as wonderfully as possible. Molly & Mike had a fantastic team of vendors that helped make their day incredible. When I met with Molly and her Mother, they asked for band recommendations and I told them about Flashback the Party Band, who played at my own wedding! It was so much fun to see them on stage. They are aaaamazing and have such a great energy that makes for the best party. It was really hard to hold back from busting a move on the dance floor, but I had a job to do! Molly and Mike’s wedding was SO much fun, and it was such a pleasure to photograph their day!
- Ceremony location: Centenary United Methodist Church, Winston-Salem
- Reception location: Millennium Center, Winston-Salem
- Planner: Perfect Pair Wedding Planning, Jennie Hess and Kristin Johnson
- Officiant/minister: Rev Jonathan Brake
- Bridesmaid dresses: Jenny Yoo “Blake”
- Flowers: Amy Lynne Originals, Winston-Salem NC
- Cake: Edible Artistry by Elaine, High Point NC
- Catering: Artisan Catering
- Hair and Makeup: Glass Door Salon, Erin Blakely
- Programs/Invites: Gifts and Paper on Plaza
- Band: Flashback the Party Band